Location: Valhalla, New York
The Center for Advanced Practice at WMCHealth is seeking an experienced Physician Assistant or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse to join our growing organization as the Ambulatory Clinical Manager for Advanced Practice Operations. In this hybrid clinical and operational position, the Ambulatory Clinical Manager will oversee programmatic aspects, including but not limited to, recruitment and onboarding, clinical education, PA/APRN and student mentoring, and partnering to operationalize and support optimal clinical workflows. While partnering with PAs, APRNs, and physicians, the ideal candidate will work collaboratively to ensure that our patients remain the focal point of our clinical duties while supporting frontline Physician Assistants and Advanced Practice Registered Nurses. If you are ready to elevate your career to new heights while collaboratively setting a standard for excellence and success for your PA and APRN colleagues, come and join a team of likeminded individuals here at WMCHealth
- Provides leadership, direction, and support to Physician Assistant and Advanced Practice Registered Nurses in regard to practice development, decision-making, and professional development
- Partnering with the Center for Advanced Practice programs, such as central orientation, onboarding, and professional practice and educational advancement models and forums
- Develops and implements programs to support PA/ APRN accountability and requirements regarding compliance, billing, and documentation in conjunction with physician, nursing and administrative leadership.
- Identifies appropriate shared opportunities between MD and PA/APRNs to increase efficiencies, fostering team-based care and a collaborative culture
- Preferred 5+ years of clinical experience as a Physician Assistant or Advanced Practice Registered Nurses in an ambulatory and/or outpatient setting.
- Preferred minimum of 2+ years of management/leadership experience as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurses or Physician Assistant having direct oversight of clinical Advanced Practice Registered Nurses and/or Physician Assistants across multiple ambulatory practices and/or service lines and/or departments
- Physician Assistants, must possess New York State Physician Assistant License and have current/active NCCPA Board Certification.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses, must possess applicable New York State License and be Board Certification (i.e. AANP, NCC, ANCC, NBCRNA).
WMCHealth is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on seven campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2, and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region's only acute care children's hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, a state-of-the-art Telemedicine program, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley. Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit WMCHealth.org.
- Comprehensive salary and benefit package which includes malpractice coverage, CME Allowance, and 401k
- The highest standard of quality practice backed by comprehensive and collaborative support services
- Opportunities for continued professional development, mentoring and career advancement.
- Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physicians Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY: For more information about this opportunity, contact Andrea Cullinan, Manager of Recruitment by email at Andrea.Cullinan@wmchealth.org All are welcome: Westchester Medical Center Health Network values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. We seek candidates who embrace and reflect diversity in the broadest sense. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC