Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center - Cincinnati, OH
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Type: Full Time
Hospital, Public and Private
Internal Number: 137704
Expected Starting Salary: 30.91 - 38.92
SUBFUNCTION DEFINITION: Provides risk management advice and services on issues concerning the rights, obligations, risks, and privileges of the organization. Represents the organization to customers, suppliers, competitors, and government agencies. Provides resolution of business or technical issues and risks by identifying solutions, controls, monitoring, and recommending a course of action. Also examines legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuits.
Support Risk Management Program • Support processes related to risk financing and insurance (i.e. policy management, captive insurance, sourcing, renewals), as well as Cincinnati Children's Enterprise Risk Management program.
• Educate staff on risk management issues, provide training to identified groups on select topics, assist with the insurance claims. management program, and assist with related education of patient services.
• Identify issues and/or risks and ensure appropriate controls and monitoring exist or are implemented through risk assessments or other means of identification.
Managing Select Programs • Perform apparent cause analysis on pre-cursor and near-miss events, input information from analysis into database, and generate appropriate feedback and reports in accordance with Joint Commission or other industry standards.
• Participate in investigations, conduct interviews, gather information, review medical records and literature as requested in connection with patient safety matters, and participate in meeting preparation as requested.
Support Safety Reporting System • Support the maintenance of Cincinnati Children's Safety Reporting platform, including generating appropriate reports, reviewing and coding safety reports submitted, providing feedback to end users, analysis and trending of data, and providing back-up for maintaining the system.
Cincinnati Children's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and treasures Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We are committed to creating an environment of dignity and respect for all our employees, patients, and families (EEO/AA).
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• 5 - 7 years of work experience in a risk management or related job discipline.
About Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center - Cincinnati, OH
Cincinnati Children's is an internationally renowned, world-class medical center. We are committed to being a leader in improving the health of children, with a primary focus on family-centered care, quality improvement, specialty programs and leading-edge research. As one of the Tristate's largest employers, we offer rewarding careers in pediatric healthcare, as well as a variety of non-clinical roles.