Location: Rogers, Arkansas
Rogers Rehabilitation Hospital is a state-of-the-art, 36-bed inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced the debilitating effects of a severe injury or illness.
Our rehabilitation programs provide ongoing care and specialized treatment to patients throughout their recovery journey. We offer customized, intense rehabilitation tailored to the individual needs of those recovering from stroke, brain injury, neurological conditions, trauma, spinal cord injury, amputation, and orthopedic injury.
Rogers Rehabilitation Hospital strives to maximize the health, function, and quality of life of those we serve through comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation programs
Directs and coordinates functions and activities of nursing department and assigned clinical operation departments. Consults with and advises Chief Executive Officer on the general operation of the hospital. Develops nursing and clinical department's goals, objectives, standards of performance, policies and procedures. Organizes nursing and clinical departments according to administrative and nursing service guidelines; ensures compliance with legal, organizational, and medical staff standards. Has authority and responsibility for establishing, directing, and implementing the Standards of Nursing Practice and the clinical operations and financial matters related to all nursing and clinical care areas and functions.
- Provides professional working conditions for employees.
- Ensures the nursing department staff performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Assists with development of the budget for the nursing department in collaboration with the CEO and Controller. Manages costs associated with personnel, equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for staffing plans, management of nursing hours per patient day, and quality of work of nursing staff.
- Assures compliance with nursing scope of practice and HIPAA.
- Enforces compliance of the nursing department with education/in-service requirements/orientation and competencies.
- Leads monthly staff meetings and communicates information to/from management and leadership.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and practice; encourages staff development, including acquisition of CRRN for qualified registered nurses.
- Assists to review and evaluate risk and quality indicators, patient satisfaction results, and outcomes in order to continually improve performance and outcomes; communicates this information to the nursing department.
- Performs management activities including interviewing, hiring, evaluating, counseling, and performance evaluations of staff in the nursing department.
- Assures occurrence of appropriate documentation, including documentation of medical necessity, by staff in medical records; monitors completion and revisions to the Interdisciplinary Care Plan.
- Assures education and training is provided to nursing staff on Quality Indicators (QI); assures timely and accurate QI assessments and scoring is performed.
- Assures nursing attendance and participation in team conferences.
- Ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or clinical specialty preferred. Or proof of intention to complete Master's Degree
- Current unrestricted Registered Nurse licensure.
- Current CRRN or obtained within 2 years preferred
- Minimum of five years' experience in healthcare administration/management with a minimum of two years' experience at a senior nursing management level.
- Minimum of five years' experience in hospital management in an inpatient, acute care environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.