Manager is involved in the operations of risk management, loss prevention, risk financing, and captive insurance management for PHP. The Manager analyzes insurance needs of the commercial and captive insurance programs within PHP, to include the wholly owned captive insurance programs (Hospital Professional Liability, General Liability, Employer’s Liability, and Managed Care Errors & Omissions) and commercial coverages (Property, Auto, Crime, Fiduciary, Heliport/Helipad, Owned Aircraft, and Cyber). The position includes the maintenance of all property/casualty insurance for PHP acute care facilities and entities, including affiliates. The role functions as an internal consultant within PHP on matters relating to risk management, loss prevention, risk financing, and captive insurance matters. Additionally, the Manager interfaces and serves as a liaison with the auditors, brokers, and actuary. This role provides proactive risk management on new construction and renovation projects across the system and internal claims management for commercial claims to include third-party, property, cyber, crime, and auto claims.
Furthermore, the Manager is on call 24/7 for 5 to 7 weeks a year on the General Counsel’s call schedule, and shares after hours call with the Director of Risk & Insurance for all issues related to commercially insured risk. This role excludes Worker’s Compensation and employee benefit plans.
· The ability to articulate and to communicate credibly in matters of claims, insurance, loss prevention, patient safety, healthcare and enterprise risk issues is required.
· The ability to perform financial analyses.
· As part of the General Counsel’s call schedule, the ability to assist hospital staff with risk management related questions.
· Ability to work independently and with much flexibility. Ability to travel within a 50-mile radius of Dayton, and occasionally out of state and country.
· Ability to prioritize and work under tight schedules with excellent organizational and computer skills.
· Possesses strong communication skills to relate well and interface with senior management, medical staff, patients, employees, visitors and those external to Premier Health, including insurance vendors, brokers, auditors, actuaries, and outside counsel.
· Ability to successfully manage a team.
· Enterprise Risk Management experience is preferred.
· Please refer to the following sections for additional qualification: Education, Licensure/Certification, Experience. Knowledge/Skills
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelor's degree with licensure/certification or Master’s degree
Type of degree: Business, Insurance, Finance, Risk Management, or other healthcare related
Area of study or major: Business, Insurance, Finance, Risk Management, or other healthcare related field
Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM) or other designated certification in Risk Management and/or Insurance
Minimum Level of Experience Required: 5 - 7 years of job related experience
Prior job title or occupational experience: Insurance, Claims, Risk Management, Enterprise Risk Management, Contracts, Finance, Team Management
Internal Number: 068178
About Premier Health
About Premier Health
Premier Health seeks great people to join us in delivering great care to our patients. You’ll discover that a career at Premier Health is more than a job. It’s an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of others.
At Premier Health we…
RESPECT each person’s dignity
Act with INTEGRITY to do the right thing in all aspects of our responsibilities
Serve with COMPASSION that embraces each individual’s concerns and hopes
Commit to EXCELLENCE as measured to the highest level of performance
These are the things we care about most. Our values guide the way we deliver care and interact with each other.
WHO WE ARE
Premier Health has grown to become the largest health system in southwest Ohio. Founded in 1995, Premier Health has more than 14,000 employees and 2,300 physicians, all with one mission: to build healthier communities.
Our comprehensive health system features three member hospitals—Miami Valley Hospital, Atrium Medical Center and Upper Valley Medical Center—serving patients in more than 70 locations in a 12-county region.
Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton, Ohio, 45409
Miami Valley Hospital North, Dayton, Ohio, 45415
Miami ...Valley Hospital South, Centerville, Ohio, 45459
Atrium Medical Center, Middletown, Ohio, 45005
We offer the following benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision
At Premier Health, we believe our people make all the difference. If you share our passion to make a real difference in the lives of others, we’d like to talk with you about joining our team.