LOCATION: Danville, PA (with travel throughout the system)
DEPARTMENT: Geisinger at Home
WORK SCHEDULE: Days
WORK TYPE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Provides operational/administrative/clinical oversight for Geisinger at Home assigned staff across the Geisinger service area. This includes delivery of in-home social management services, population analysis, systems of care coordination, process improvement strategies, barrier analysis and data management. Monitors staff performance and coordinates ongoing staff development strategies. Ensures staff compliance with regulatory requirements. Performs duties to support the goals and objectives of Geisinger at Home in its efforts to provide quality healthcare, promote member and provider satisfaction, and enhance fiscal outcomes.
SPECIFIC POSITION DUTIES:
Travel among designated Geisinger at Home regions (Central, East and West Regions) are a core responsibility of this role.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
· Demonstrates strong leadership skills and works effectively with other members of the team to achieve individual, team and organizational goals.
· Demonstrates strong clinical, interpersonal, leadership and team building skills.
· Demonstrates the ability to problem solve and manage change.
· Demonstrates the ability to manage complex data sets.
· Demonstrates customer focused interpersonal skills to interact in an effective manner with providers, peers, community agencies, patients, and families with diverse opinions, values, and religious and cultural ideals.
· Demonstrates ability to work autonomously and be directly accountable for practice.
· Demonstrates ability to influence and negotiate individual and group decision-making.
· Demonstrates ability to function effectively in a fluid, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment.
· Demonstrates leadership qualities including time management, verbal and written communication skills, listening skills, problem solving and decision-making, priority setting, work delegation and work organization.
· Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, active listening skills, assertiveness, conflict resolution and collaboration skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
· Requires Pennsylvania Driver’s License and ability to travel frequently to supervise direct reports.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Possesses a current Pennsylvania driver’s license and automobile insurance.
· Master’s degree in Social Work and Pennsylvania license in Social Work required.
· Minimum five years clinical experience in Social Work required.
· Advanced credentialing as a Clinical Social Worker preferred.
· Leadership or prior supervisory experience preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Independent travel is required to all 3 regions (Central, East and West). Home visits are also a core part of job.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
ABOUT GEISINGER: Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.