Assists in development and execution of the Institute’s quality, safety, and/or health policy member programs and initiatives to assist members in their efforts to enhance the patient care experience, healthy outcomes and healthcare value.
Outline of Responsibilities
- In coordination with Institute leadership, implements a diverse set of innovative programs and services to improve members’ performance.
- Shares accountability and decision-making for identifying, developing, marketing and evaluating the Institute’s quality, safety, clinical transformation and health policy programs and initiatives.
- Assumes project responsibility for targeted events, including planning, coordination and evaluation of educational programs and activities.
- Exhibits strong ability to prioritize and balance numerous initiatives and a broad array of responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Provides members’ guidance and support for data collection, analysis and performance measurement to facilitate improved patient outcomes and organizational efficiencies.
- Applies performance and process improvement, change and resource management principles when needed,
- Monitors members’ performance data, identifies improvement trends and opportunities, and presents findings to Institute’s senior leadership and members as appropriate.
- Contributes key insights and aligns the Institute’s improvement efforts to advance IHA’s policy and advocacy agenda as appropriate.
- Assures program compliance with all applicable laws, contracts, regulations, and professional and educational standards.
- Maintains and strengthens professional relationships with all levels of staff, members, and external partners.
- Assists in resource development activities for identified department and organizational needs including developing, implementing and evaluating these activities.
- Participates as a dynamic team member in the Division and across IHA to ensure that the Division’s work is integrated with all other IHA departments in order to build organizational capacities and stronger member relations.
- Serves on member committees, task forces, and peer networks as appropriate.
- Other duties as defined.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, with commensurate experience required. Within one year of hire, achieves and maintains certification as Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ). Minimum of three years of related experience, preferably in a hospital or clinical setting, involving project coordination, quality improvement, evidence-based practice and data measurement. Strong negotiation and coalition skills to effectively facilitate membership committee or large work group meetings. Proven expertise in project planning, task prioritization, outcomes measurement and monitoring. Working knowledge of medical terminology, health information technology, and current regulatory and accreditation standards in health care services. Basic understanding of quantitative and qualitative measurement, analytics and evaluation including the use of statistical process control in healthcare. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills. Periodic overnight travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer – race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation
We offer a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package. Qualified candidates must apply online: Click here to apply http://www.ihatoday.org/about-iha/emp-opportunities.aspx