With a 609-licensed-bed hospital, 1100 physicians and 4500 employees, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is one of the largest healthcare delivery networks in the Washington, DC area. We offer some of the most sophisticated treatments and technologies available, as well as the expertise of nationally respected physicians.
Under the general direction of MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's (MGUH) Vice President of Medical Affairs and MedStar Health's Vice President for Risk Management Services, directs, designs, implements and maintains the MGUH Risk Management Program with a focus on clinical risk identification, risk prevention and risk control.
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Nursing or a related field is required.
- Master's degree and Juris Doctorate preferred.
- Certification in Professional Health Risk Management (CPHRM).
- If nurse, licensure in the District of Columbia is required.
- Minimum of 7 years of risk management experience in a healthcare environment or related field; 5-10 years of direct clinical experience is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and develop comprehensive reports.
- Ability to motivate and work independently with relevant clinical environment and administrative experience.
• Competitive compensation and generous benefits
• Superb educational opportunities plus tuition assistance
• Wellness programs
• Free shuttle from Metro stations.
Location, location, location!
Located in Washington, DC, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital offers an exciting lifestyle to complement a satisfying career. The DC Metro area is famous for its education and cultural venues in theater, music, museums, art galleries and restaurants. Employees live in DC, Maryland or Virginia, affording great choices in lifestyle just metro stops away from the hospital.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Associates live by Our Common Purpose: We Create Caring Moments in the Spirit of Cura Personalis – Care for the Whole Person. Our Quality Standards of Safety, Compassion, Professionalism and Coordinated Care set the priorities for consistent decision making applicable to everyone in every situation.
For more information and to Express Your Interest in less than 60 seconds, please visit:
Equal opportunity employer.