At Novant Health, we bring together world-class technology and clinicians – like you – to help make our patients’ healthcare experience easier and more personal. Your commitment to care and our model of spending more time with each patient are the foundation of our success and the reason six of our hospitals are Magnet certified, indicating our commitment to excellence in nursing. Today we are making healthcare remarkable.
As one of the nation’s leading healthcare organizations, Novant Health remains in a position of financial strength and smart growth. In July 2015, Becker’s Healthcare ranked Novant Health one of the top 10 hospitals and health systems with strong finances in the United States.
The risk management position works across the Novant Health system to provide direct risk management services to all Novant Health entities as assigned. The functions include risk identification, risk analysis, incident investigation, root cause analysis, education, legal interface on claims and lawsuits, interface on patient and organizational safety, providing feedback to assist operational leadership in reducing adverse clinical events impacting patient and organizational safety. The risk management position is a registered nurse or health care professional with a comparable clinical degree who assumes responsibility for managing decisions on clinical risk management issues at assigned facilities or across the organization as assigned.
The risk management team in conjunction with legal, compliance, chief medical officers, and regulatory maintains key relationships with staff, management, senior leadership and executive leaders to monitor, assess and mitigate on going risk to the organization and assure appropriate response to emergent risk in all Novant Health facilities as indicated. The risk manager processes and assures local, regional/market and corporate standards that align care, patient safety and clinical practices as outlined in policies, procedures, forms and other documents. Each risk manager position will maintain individual assignment with facility and/or function-based roles, as well as be available for a corporate assignment as needed. The risk management position has facility-based assignment examples: ambulatory/provider-based practices, , ambulatory surgical centers, acute care hospitals. Each manager will review and investigate identified risk related events and coordinate a response with leadership, staff, internal or external counsel or others as deemed appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree required. BSN or comparable clinical degree required. Master’s degree and CPHRM preferred.
- Minimum of ten years clinical experience with five years in high risk area required. Minimum of two years’ experience in leadership and risk management preferred.
- RN licensure in appropriate state required. CPHRM preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal communications skills and display excellent computer, writing and editing skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to write clearly and concisely, and in a manner that diminishes risk and provides a clear concise guide for best practices.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with other health care professionals and influence change within the organization.
- Must have the ability to organize and determine work priorities and delegate appropriately. Must have a consulting, team-oriented, supportive and cooperative attitude.
- Must be able to utilize appropriate decision making strategies: authoritative, consultative, consensus and must be able to exhibit self-direction, independent practice and excellent time management skills.
- Must be able to continuously reprioritize, demonstrate flexibility, and process multiple issues simultaneously and create an environment that supports and respects diversity, modeling behavior and language that is inclusive, and nurturing an environment where it is acceptable to discuss differences and issues of diversity while maintaining and supporting a questioning attitude.
- Full time
- Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
- 40 hours per week
Novant Health offers great benefits and competitive salary.
For a more detailed description and to apply to be a part of our growing team, visit JobsAtNovantHealth.org and reference job ID 185079.
Connect with our recruitment team here through live chat.