Greensboro Orthopaedics, PA; is seeking an experienced Chief Executive Officer to fill a position created by the December 2017 retirement of its current CEO. The incoming individual will be only the third CEO in Greensboro Orthopaedics’ 62 year history. The practice desires to have the new executive in place by October 1, 2017.
Established in 1955, Greensboro Orthopaedics is an independent musculoskeletal group consisting of 12 Orthopaedic Surgeons, 1 Physiatrist, 2 Primary Care Sports Medicine Physicians, 12 PA’s, 15 Therapists and 150 staff.
Greensboro Orthopaedics has a long history of being the leading group in the 11 county region. The practice is involved in several progressive initiatives which include an Orthopaedic service line management agreement, the Medicare BPCI project, and a regional ACO. The practice has been recognized by the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) as a Successful Medical Group for the past 12 years.
Greensboro Orthopaedics holds a strong market position and is looking at growth in the number of physicians and other providers. In addition to a full complement of Orthopaedic sub-specialties, the practice provides both MRI and Therapy services.
Working closely with the Board of Directors, the ideal candidate will have a strong operational background and proven leadership abilities, visionary qualities, extensive financial and operations management background, knowledge, education, and experience to be successful in leading the organization. The CEO will be responsible for leading the effort to create and implement its strategic plan, while ensuring daily operations and financial processes are optimized. This includes succession planning, provider recruitment, analysis and development of service lines, outcomes, payment reform, compliance and marketing. Applicant must have strong computer skills within EHR, Practice Management, Financial Dashboards, Accounting, and Microsoft Office. The successful candidate will also have responsibility for overseeing Human Resource functions at Greensboro Orthopaedics, and should have experience in addressing matters related to EEO, Title VII, FMLA, FLSA, OSHA, ERISA, ACA, ADA, ADEA, Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment Benefits, and other federal and state employment related matters as well as Personnel Policies.
The requisite qualifications are:
• A Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare or related fields is required, and a Master’s degree in healthcare administration, or MBA is strongly preferred. Candidates with CMPE or FACMPE accreditation through the American College of Medical Practice Executives will be given special attention.
- Progressive leadership with a minimum of ten years’ experience as a senior executive in an operations or finance position in an independent group practice. Experience in Orthopaedics is preferred.
- Experience in management accounting, financial management and the use of data analytics and benchmarking to achieve better financial and operational outcomes.
- Proven success in physician recruiting and retention, including compensation plan design will be advantageous.
- Experience in contract and reimbursement negotiations, value based payment models and shared savings agreements.
- Experience in drafting and enforcing Employee Handbook policies.
- Experience in overseeing administrative reviews, audits and/or charges regarding federal and state employment laws including responding to charges filed with or requests for information from federal and/or state administrative agencies.
- Prior involvement with successful clinical quality improvement programs and the production of high patient and employee satisfaction results.
- Experience in marketing and business development with a medical group and demonstrated success fostering positive relationships with integrated delivery systems, payer organizations and other independent medical practices.
The CEO will also be expected to represent the practice in all external relationships, and be actively involved in MGMA, AAOE, and legislative forums.
- Assisting the physician owners with governance of the practice and divisional responsibilities associated with management sub-committees
- Overseeing physicians’ growth and management
- Evaluating and managing all support departments, ensuring sound operational performance, strategic planning and guiding the practice through payment reform.
- Leading and Directing the Management team to support the goals of the practice.
- A Letter of Interest should enumerate your reasons for interest in the position and should contain an analysis of the opportunities and challenges facing physician-owned Orthopaedic groups and should illustrate how your background and experience will contribute to Greensboro Orthopaedics’ continued success.
- To Apply: please send resume with cover letter to email@example.com