PeaceHealth has an opening for a Director of Medical Staff Services in Vancouver, WA
The Director of Medical Staff Services provides administrative and managerial support to the medical staff organization and serves as a resource to, and supports, the Medical Staff leadership. Serves as a liaison and promotes/maintains positive and collaborative rapport and effective communications between the Medical Staff, Administration, and the PeaceHealth organization. Monitors compliance with regulatory agencies standards, and Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and regulations. Assures the efficient operation of Medical Staff Services including continuing medical education, institutional review functions, and provider/payor credentialing.
- Manages the daily activities of Medical Staff Services including credentialing, appointment proctoring and reappointment and ensures high quality services. Assists/counsels Chief of Staff with ongoing issues.
- Assures compliance with JCAHO and regulatory standards and participate in JCAHO survey process.
- Develops and maintains teamwork essential for the effective and efficient operation of the department; organize and manage work-flow through supervision of support staff.
- Develops and implements physician orientation programs for new and staff leaders and staff membership. Develops and supports Medical Education programs to meet physician needs
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Four years’ experience as MS Coordinator/Manager in a large acute care healthcare facility
- Previous management/supervisory experience required.
- Experience with credentialing software systems; CMSC and/or CPCS required.
For more information and to apply online: jobs.peacehealth.org and search for Job ID #149137. Inquiries can be emailed to email@example.com.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver, WA community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
PeaceHealth is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.