JOB TITLE: Medical Practice Administrator
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for managing a family medicine medical practice.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Derives authority from, and is directly responsible to the owners/shareholders of the practice.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Oversees supervision of all personnel, with the exception of those issues directly involving medical judgment.
- Ability to aid a successful medical practice with the transformation to value-based compensation programs.
- Directs day-to-day operations of practice to include ongoing review and evaluation of operational issues. Recommends measures to improve performance and increase efficiency in the office including policy, budget and other practice related issues.
- Financial management to include overall responsibility for accounting, bookkeeping, billing, reimbursement, fee schedule management and purchasing.
- Supports Human Resource Management to include hiring, compensation & benefits, employee relations and compliance. Manages employee benefits, vacation, and compensation.
- Strategic planning and marketing management to include promoting practice and physicians in an effective manner to the public and referral sources, analyzing and negotiating managed care contracts and identifying new revenue streams.
- Information management to include EHR administration, computer hardware & software, server administration, data management, database design & implementation, network security, liaison to contract information technology services, and telephone systems.
- Risk management to include corporate liability protection, physician malpractice, OSHA & CLIA compliance issues, patient safety, HIPAA compliance and patient satisfaction.
- Professional responsibility to include knowledge & leadership skills, ethical standards, and staff management. Initiates and facilitates staff meetings. Attends continuing education activities, which benefit the practice.
- Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION: Undergraduate college degree in related field, Masters preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years of business management experience in a related field, 5 years of experience preferred