The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Seeking dynamic, experienced Risk Management professionals for the Clinical Risk Manager position. Highly visible position, working in partnership with hospital leadership in supporting the organizations objective of enhancing safe, compassionate and quality care, while ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, as well as minimizing loss to the organization. Also, participates in the new Patient Safety Program and is a member of our Patient Safety Rounds Program and the Great Catch Program. The successful candidate must be an RN or other Licensed Clinical professional with a strong clinical background and prior Risk Management experience.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You'll Do
In this role, the Risk Manager will be responsible for the Medical Center's activities in administering the risk management program on a day-to-day basis. Specific duties will include the review/analysis of all incoming occurrence reports for regulatory and insurance concerns; conducting critical analysis of occurrences to determine NYPORTS, and next steps of requisite follow-up, Root Cause Analysis investigations which include assessing need for focused review by departments, and or clinical chair persons for peer reviews. You will also serve as a risk management resource to all clinical/support departments.
Additional related duties include coordinating risk management educational programs; investigating complex clinical patient complaints/ethical questions that are referred to the department; and participating on call rotation for the Department of Risk Management and Patient Safety. Collaborates with Patient Service Center on all patient complaints and grievances. The position will report to the Director of Risk Management and Patient Safety. Flexible work schedule also available.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Coordinates the risk management program to meet the needs of the institution.
- Performs investigation of potentially reportable incident (s) to the New York State Department of Health.
- Review and analysis of all occurrence reports for Risk Management, quality of care, regulatory and insurance concerns.
- Conducts Root Cause Analysis investigations, which includes assessing need for focused review by departments, and or clinical chairpersons for peer reviews.
- Maintains risk management information system database.
- Prepares various incident summary reports; provides all required documentation for investigations, activities and resolutions related to the reported incident (s).
- Facilitates the peer review process and completion of corrected action plans (CAP).
- Identifies organizational risk through trend analysis of incidents, incident letters, reports etc.
- Interface with the FOJP on-site Risk Control Coordinators: reporting potential claims as well as cases of concern by preparation of preliminary reports, and determination of priority of investigation given risk management assessment
- Acts as a resource person by presenting relevant risk management issues for discussion and evaluation
- Keeps abreast of appropriate regulatory requirements related to risk management
- Responds to inquiries regarding various reports and individual professional liability matters
- On-call responsibility to provide 24/7 coverage to field inquiries from all medical center staff (outside normal business hours) on risk management and other concerns
- Serve as point person and coordinator for planned and unannounced site visits by the New York City as well as New York State Departments of Health
- Active participation on committees directed toward promoting quality of care and with availability to attend/cover other Committee meetings as well as Mortality and Morbidity conferences
- Assists in developing educational programs to raise staff awareness to risk exposure and the impact on professional liability
- Prepares annual analytical summary of risk management annual and historical data and trends for presentation to Senior Management
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or related clinical field; Masters preferred
- Current New York State license as a Registered Professional Nurse or other licensed clinical professional
- 5+ years Risk Management experience
- CPHRM preferred
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication, problem-solving and organizational skills
- 3 years (greater preferred) of responsible work experience in Risk Management
- Database Applications- Intermediate
- Excellent problem and analytical skills
- Effective conflict resolution skills
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Location/Division: 19 E 98th St, New York, NY 10029, USA Job Requisition: 1978378