JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for designing, organizing, coordinating and implementing the Risk Management Program with the objective of controlling and minimizing loss to protect the human, physical and fiscal assets of the organization. Is an active participant in performance improvement data collection, activities, and functions to promote an integrated program, which ensures the provision of the highest quality of health care. Collaborates with personnel responsible for safety and security and actively participates in risk-related activities in this area. Provides assistance with claims investigation, management and litigation. Facilitates reporting of safety data/events. Evaluates risk management program(s) through the use of data capture, follow up and trend analysis and presents findings to appropriate committees. Assists with the development and implementation of initiatives, policies and procedures, including staff education activities, regarding risk reduction/elimination throughout the organization. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team on problem identification and resolution, cost containment issues, implementation of new services and systems/ performance measures
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department.
EEO is the law poster.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing or healthcare related field preferred. RN required.
2. Fellow or Diplomat of American Society of Healthcare Risk Managers Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM), preferred
3. Five years clinical and/or management experience in a multidisciplinary health care setting which includes a minimum of two years of inpatient experience preferred
4. Experience in risk management and/or professional liability claims management preferred
5. Should be knowledgeable about current State Laws and Regulations as applicable to facility
Internal Number: 9058
About Saint Clare's Health
Saint Clare’s Health is an award-winning provider of safe, high quality, compassionate care, serving the communities of Morris, Sussex and Warren counties. Our multidisciplinary team of experts is committed to providing advanced care in a patient-centered environment that is tailored to meet the needs of each individual and their family.
Saint Clare’s is a member of Prime Healthcare, an award-winning national hospital system headquartered in California, with 44 acute-care hospitals providing nearly 43,500 jobs in 14 states.