The chosen candidate is responsible for managing the hospital-wide Risk Management and Employee Health/workers compensation programs.
The Risk Manager advises the Vice President & General Counsel regarding the operation of the Risk Management Department concerning quality of services to ensure operations are consistent with the hospital's mission, vision and values.
* Coordinates insurance purchasing and/or funding programs for the hospital and Meritas Health Corporation including the liability loss fund.
* Coordinates special projects at the request of Administration.
* Manages all aspects of the Employee Health/workers compensation program. Supervises workers compensation coordinator.
* Manages claims made or lawsuits filed against the hospital or Meritas Corporation. Works extensively with outside legal counsel in defense of the lawsuits, participating in discovery, deposition preparation, etc.
* Manages loss prevention activities, improves patient care and work environment by identifying trends through monitoring of the occurrence reporting system.
* Provides in-service and education programs as identified through trend or as requested.
* Serves as a resource for hospital and Meritas Health Corporation for risk and insurance issues.
* Coordinates the hospital's Investigatory Review Committee.
* Supervisors Patient Safety Coordinator with the implementation and monitoring of the hospital's healthcare safety plan and patient safety initiatives to reduce medical errors and other factors that contribute to adverse patient outcomes.
* Investigates patient and visitor complaints for hospital and as a liaison for Meritas Health Corporation.
3-4 Years Risk Management, safety or claims management preferred.
Ability to communicate effectively under stressful conditions.
Bachelors in related field, BSN preferred, Masters preferred
Internal Number: 13553
About North Kansas City Hosptial
As one of the largest employers in the area, North Kansas City Hospital prides itself on being a source for exceptional healthcare. Since 1958, we have been evolving, growing and making the improvements needed to meet the ever-changing needs of the community. We started as an 80-bed healthcare facility, and have grown into a 70-acre campus composed of the Hospital, an acute-care facility with 451 licensed beds, The Pavilion and two physician office buildings. We are the area’s premier healthcare facility thanks to the efforts and foresight provided by our leadership, the community and our dedicated employees.
North Kansas City Hospital celebrates and empowers employees. Here, you matter and you’re respected and acknowledged on an ongoing basis. You’ll have numerous opportunities to challenge and improve upon your professional skills. You’ll also get a competitive compensation package, generous benefits like education assistance and a collaborative work environment.
No matter what your role is here, you are vital to our success. From day one, we encourage you to build great working relationships and use provided resources to strengthen your professional goals. Find out how you... can have a remarkable career at North Kansas City Hospital. Learn more about our culture and our awards and accreditation.