Texas Neurology is seeking a COO to direct the operational, management, and strategic oversight of our organization. This position will report directly to the CEO and our Board of Directors.
Texas Neurology is North Texas’ premier provider of neurological care. We proudly offer several centers of excellence – The Headache Institute, Multiple Sclerosis Center, Sleep Disorders Center, Neuromuscular Sciences and Research Center, Spasticity Clinic, Comprehensive Epilepsy Clinic, Memory Disorders Clinic, Women’s Neurology Center, Fibromyalgia Neurodiagnostic Center, The MDA/ALS Center, Diagnostic Imaging Center featuring 1.5T and 3.0T MRIs, Electro Diagnostic Services (EMG/NCV & EEG), and Infusion Clinic.
Essential Responsibilities: 1. Participates in planning and implementation of practice goals, programs and objectives, personnel, resources and equipment. Implements the approved business plan that identifies strategies, objectives, timetables, expected outcome and measures for assigned areas of responsibility. Updates plan to reflect challenges and opportunities in the marketplace and Texas Neurology’s overall direction.
2. Organizes, manages and coordinates all operational and administrative processes. Manages management and non-management staff; organizes and oversees work schedules and assignments to meet operational needs. Develops and implements procedures to ensure efficient processing of work while ensuring financial objectives are met.
3. Makes decisions concerning hiring, corrective action and personnel matters as appropriate. Responsible for development of office’s on-boarding procedures and protocols and maintaining compliance with Texas Neurology policies and procedures.
4. Coordinates care delivery, patient flow and clinic activities. Oversees patient scheduling, registration and billing processes according to protocol. Coordinates and ensures skill development and training for all staff.
5. Monitors providers’ (MDs, NPs, PAs, etc.) schedules to ensure that appropriate staff is present, and a reasonable number of patients scheduled, in order to best facilitate care for the patients in a timely manner. Works closely with all departments to provide a team approach to problem solving and ensuring an efficient operation.
6. Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing organization’s budget.
7. Ensures legal, regulatory, and contractual compliance.
8. Responsible for negotiation of legal, contractual, and payer agreements. Works with outside counsel as needed.
Additional Salary Information: Competitive compensation package will be offered to final candidate
• Minimum five years’ experience in an outpatient comprehensive medical center with full operational and financial responsibilities. • Five years’ experience in the day-to-day operations of a physician practice as Director of Operations, COO, or comparable level. • Superior interpersonal skills necessary to communicate to internal and external parties and maintain effective relationships with physicians and staff.
Internal Number: COO
About Texas Neurology
For more than 20 years, we have demonstrated a commitment to delivering exceptional diagnostic services and patient care through our team of dedicated providers and staff.
Our doctors work closely with referring physicians to diagnose and treat disorders of the nervous system including diseases of the brain, nerves, muscles and spinal cord. They are experts in all areas of neurological treatment and care including Muscular Dystrophy, ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer's and, Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, Cerebrovascular disease, Seizure Disorders and Stroke. In addition, we provide long-term care to patients with chronic neurological disorders.
Every year, the physicians and staff at Texas Neurology take a proactive role in helping develop new medicines and cures through ongoing clinical research programs conducted at our MDA/ALS Center, Comprehensive Epilepsy Clinic, Headache Institute, Multiple Sclerosis Center, Sleep Disorders Center, and Diagnostic Imaging Center. At the same time, we strive to personalize the experience for every patient. We know the anxiety patients and their families face when dealing with unknown medical symptoms... and medical issues. It can be a very stressful period, but the physicians and staff at Texas Neurology are committed to providing the best care possible and that includes treating each patient with dignity, respect and compassion.