Are you a naturally cautious, logical, and have excellent attention to detail Risk Manager? Perfect - allow me to be brief and get to the point... (Which I think you can appreciate as well) Kootenai Health is seeking a Risk Manager with these qualities.
You will be responsible for the daily operations of risk management including coordination of all claims, developing timelines, composing response letters and tracking trends and activities. You will identify and analyze loss exposures, measures the financial impact of risk and implement appropriate risk management policies. You will exercise your keen analytical skills to develop, run, review and present risk management reports for designated committees and work teams. You will maintain accurate and detailed records and claim files. You will assist in response to requests for interrogatories related to claims and litigation. Along with conducting risk assessments and assists with the malpractice insurance application process. You will coordinate employed physician risk management education and orientation. You are responsible for conducting and overseeing Root Cause Analysis processes when indicated and follows up on action plans. While you are given the professional autonomous ability to execute your job at the top of your game, you will have a strong network of professionals to partner with from Patient Advocacy to Quality. At the end of your day you'll be completely satisfied and proud to be apart of not only this team but the entire Kootenai Health team.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum of 4 years healthcare experience. Risk Manager experience preferred.
• Knowledge of ID Notice of Tort regulations required.
• Experience with litigations is preferred.
• Root Cause Analysis experience is preferred.
Do you see yourself in this job?
Let me share some outstanding "bragging" details:
• 2017GallupGreatWorkplaceAward – Kootenai Health has been recognized as one of the most engaged and productive workforces in the world!
• MagnetStatus - Kootenai has maintained MagnetTM status since 2006. This designation is nursing's top honor, accepted nationally as the gold standard in nursing excellence
• We became the 30th Member of the MayoClinicCareNetwork in 2014.
• We have a convenient employee only Child Day Care - with-in walking distance.
• We have incredible benefits - If you work full time, your medical, dental and vision insurance premiums are fully paid.
• We offer a generous 457 Investment plan through Fidelity with a match of 3-6% based on your years of service and a Defined Contribution account which puts 2% of your annual income into a retirement account for you.
• We have an award-winning Wellness Plan, which offers discounts to local gyms and groups to join to meet your fitness/wellness lifestyle.
We have many more great benefits to share - don't want to give them all away
Ok, are you ready to apply?
Internal Number: 001
About Kootenai Health
Kootenai Health provides a comprehensive range of medical services to patients in north Idaho, eastern Washington, Montana and the Inland Northwest at several facility locations. The main Kootenai Health campus is located in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and includes a 292-bed community-owned hospital and a wide range of physician clinics including a family physician residency program. Kootenai Health repeatedly earns regional and national recognition and is a Magnet facility. Visit the Recognition, Awards and Honors page for a look at Kootenai's most recent awards.