Experience an unparalleled quality life while enjoying a fulfilling and rewarding career with Centura Health - a faith-based, non-profit system with locations spanning Colorado and into western Kansas. We seek an experienced Patient Safety Manager to lead our regional patient safety program covering our hospitals in the southern Colorado communities of Colorado Springs, Pueblo and Canon City.
In this role, you'll direct process improvements to support the reduction of patient/health errors and other factors that contribute to unintended adverse patient outcomes. This includes providing leadership for safety assessments, coordinating the activities of the Patient Safety Committee and educating practitioners on causes for patient errors. You'll also consult with management and staff to develop and implement evidence-based programs that support effective patient safety strategies.
This position is full-time, days with flexibility on where the primary home base can be located and involves 30-40% travel (within reasonable commuting distances) to/from the following:
St. Mary-Corwin Medical Center in Pueblo, a Level III Trauma Center providing a full range of medical specialties and known for leading Cancer Care
St. Thomas More Hospital in Canon City - a 55-bed acute care and leading provider of emergency services to residents and visitors to the Fremont County area.
Penrose-St. Francis Health Services, Colorado Springs, two-hospitals offering full-service acute care provider with a Level II Trauma Center, Magnet designation and recognized by HealthGrades as one the "50 Best Hospitals in America" for nine consecutive years.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or other clinical discipline preferred
• Graduate level education and preferred
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Five (5) years of experience in a clinical healthcare environment
• Two (2) years of previous leadership experience, preferred
• Previous experience with regulatory requirements, safety/risk/quality management and education
• Knowledge of Joint Commission hospital standards and CMS regulations and occurrence reporting requirements.
• Experience in clinical operations and/or experience working in performance improvement or quality management areas, preferred
• Experience in managing a patient safety program, including occurrence reporting system, risk management and implementation of patient strategies (eg. proactive risk assessment, FMEA, root cause analysis), preferred
• Proven education and facilitation skills, ability to educate and motivate physician leaders and organizational managers and to effectively facilitate improvement projects, process redesign and risk reduction workshops.
• Ability to create and present quality data using tools such as Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Current Patient Safety Certification preferred
To apply online directly - click here:
Additional Salary Information: Highly competitive pay based on competencies, skills and experience + relocation assistance to help you make the move to Colorado! To apply online directly via our career site - click here: http://bit.ly/2szFnQB (or copy and paste url into your browser)
Centura Health is the region’s largest, fully-integrated health system with17 hospitals, 100+ physician clinic locations, senior care, hospice care and operate Flight for Life Colorado. Our locations span Colorado and into western Kansas. We’re committed to providing associates and qualified applicants with options to find a personally and professional rewarding career•Culture of wellness with res...ources to support your total well-being•Strong employee engagement and recognition•Market competitive pay with annual increases•Comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits •401(k) retirement plan with generous employer match•Career development including tuition reimbursement•Opportunities to flex and grow your career across a multi-hospital systemWhile many of our hospitals have served their communities for well over 100 years, Centura Health was formed 20 year ago by Colorado’s Adventist Health System (AHS) and Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) to create a faith-based, nonprofit health care network designed to strengthen services and transform not just how we treat sickness, but how we enable wellness across our system. Both sponsors are inclusive in their values with an understanding of the vital role that all types of spirituality can play in health care. Two of our hospitals, Porter Adventist Hospital in Denver and Penrose-St. Francis Hospital in Colorado Springs are Magnet designated, with more on the path to achieving Magnet status.